Friday 27 February 2009

Wedding aftermath

Well it is a week since "the wedding" My sister and parents arrived on the Thursday to help with preparations. There was alot to do - the dress needed finishing, cupcakes to be baked, wedding favours finished off, table decorations decided on and hats created. My sister and I went to bed at 4.30am on Friday morning and 2am on Saturday morning. Everything got done - mum and I were hemming the dress at midnight on Friday as my sister was in the kitchen - where she had been all afternoon, baking, making trifles and supplying the workforce with regular cups of tea.
The bridesmaids arrived on Friday evening and were given tasks to do. It was a lovely atmosphere with everyone working away and chatting. Our family is so widespread that we rarely all get together in one place. Every time it happens (special birthdays, anniversaries and weddings ) we say we must do it more often.

No comments: